Well regarded for its great functionality and value for money, Quickbooks is a prominent name in modern-day business accounting. Despite being a great tool for small and medium-sized businesses, no software is prone to errors. Multiple users have reported Quickbooks being stuck on the loading screen. Are you facing a similar problem with your Quickbooks Desktop software? Read further to know about the possible causes and solutions.
Why is My Quickbooks Stuck on Loading Screen?
Before we proceed with the troubleshooting methods, we must identify the cause of the problem. Below is a list of some of the most prominent causes behind Quickbooks Desktop freezing or getting stuck on the loading screen.
- Quickbooks has not been installed correctly
- You are running an outdated version of Quickbooks
- QBWUSER.INI file not found or damaged
- Corrupt hard drive
Note: It is recommended that you make sure there is no problem with your operating system that might be interfering with Quickbooks’ performance.
How to fix the ‘Quickbooks stuck on loading screen’ problem?
Quickbooks getting stuck on the loading screen is a usual issue reported by many users on a monthly basis. Hence, there are various ways available to resolve it. The best troubleshooting methods are provided in detail below:
Fix QBWUSER.INI File Error
The QBWUSER.INI file error is one of the more common ones faced by Quickbooks users. If this file is shown to be missing or damaged, you can rename it to resolve the issue. Follow the simple steps listed below to rename the QBWUSER.INI file.
- Locate the QBWUSER.INI file on your desktop.
- Make sure you have enabled hidden files and folders if you are having trouble locating the file.
- Right-click on the file and select the ‘Rename’ option.
- Rename the file to ‘QBWUSER.ini.old’.
- You will also be required to rename the ‘EntitlementDataStore.ECML file.
Once you have completed the above-listed steps successfully, you can relaunch Quickbooks Desktop and this should resolve your problem.
Clean Install Quickbooks
An incorrect installation is the biggest reason behind any software having functionality issues. If you are facing a freezing problem with the Quickbooks software, performing a clean install is recommended. You can follow the steps given below to clean-install Quickbooks:
- Step #1: Uninstall Quickbooks
- Search for ‘Control Panel’ from the ‘Start’ menu.
- Under ‘Programs’, select Uninstall a program.
- Now choose the version of the Quickbooks Desktop program that you wish to uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the uninstallation process.
- Step #2: Reinstall Quickbooks
- To proceed with reinstalling Quickbooks, you must have a version of Quickbooks downloaded on your desktop.
- Double-click on Quickbooks.exe.
- Accept the software license agreement.
- You will now be required to enter your Product and License number.
- Choose the installation method – Express Install or Custom and Network Install
- Follow the on-screen prompts and the Quickbooks installation process shall be completed.
Once you have successfully performed a clean install, you will be required to activate Quickbooks and get the latest update. If the above-listed steps are followed correctly, Quickbooks should no longer be stuck on the loading screen.
Use Quickbooks Tool Hub
Quickbooks Tool Hub is used very commonly to repair the Quickbooks Desktop software. It helps get rid of minor errors that affect the software’s functionality. Follow the steps listed below to run Quickbooks Tool Hub.
- Visit quickbookstoolhub.com to download Quickbooks Tool Hub.
- Once downloaded, open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Follow the on-screen steps to complete the installation.
- Double-click the Quickbooks Tool Hub icon on the Windows Desktop.
- Click on ‘Program Problems’.
- Now select the ‘Quick Fix my Program’.
Once the program has completed the process, you can relaunch Quickbooks Desktop and it should load correctly.
Other measures to solve the ‘Quickbooks stuck on loading screen’ problem
If the above-listed methods don’t solve your ‘stuck loading screen’ problem, you can try the following to troubleshoot the issue:
- Update your Quickbooks Desktop software to its latest release.
- End other background processes that might be interfering with Quickbooks Desktop.
- Make sure the size of the company file is not exceeding its limit.
- Check if your Firewall/Internet Security settings are not hindering Quickbooks’ performance.
- Check if your computer has enough memory available to run Quickbooks Desktop software without errors.
If the problem still persists, the user is advised to get in touch with the Quickbooks product service team for assistance.