Is your Quickbooks Server Manager not running? Database Server Manager issues are common with Quickbooks. Most of the Server Manager-related errors can be resolved with ease. Read further to know the reasons behind the Server Manager not running and how to fix it.
Why is Quickbooks Server Manager not running?
If your Quickbooks Server Manager is not running, it can be due to one of the following reasons:
- Quickbooks Server Manager was not installed correctly
- Windows firewall is blocking Quickbooks Desktop from accessing the internet
- QBCFMonitorService.exe file has been damaged or is missing
- A damaged Network Descriptor file
Signs of Quickbooks Server Manager not running
- Quickbooks Server Manager fails to update
- A lot of errors show up when using the Quickbooks Multi-User Mode
- Quickbooks shows the following error on your workstations: QBDBMgrN is not running on this computer
- Any Company File is accessible over a network
What to do when Quickbooks Server Manager is not running?
You can go through the below-listed troubleshooting methods to fix the ‘Quickbooks Server Manager not running’ issue:
Use Quick Fix My Program
The ‘Quick Fix My Program’ tool is known to fix common issues and errors with Quickbooks. It can also help resolve problems with Quickbooks Server Manager. In order to run the Quick Fix My Program tool, you must go through the following process:
- The first step is to download Quickbooks Tool Hub and install it.
- Once installed, launch the Quickbooks Tool Hub application.
- Click on Program Problems.
- Select Quick Fix My Program from the available options.
When the repair process is completed, we recommend you restart your system before launching Quickbooks again and opening the Company File.
Rename Installation Folder and Reinstall Server Manager
The second troubleshooting method involves uninstalling Quickbooks Server Manager, renaming the installation folder, and reinstalling the Quickbooks Server Manager. The entire process is given below:
- Press Windows and R keys simultaneously to launch the Run window.
- In the Run window, enter the following: appwiz.cpl.
- Click on OK. The Programs and Features window shall open
- From the list of programs, select Quickbooks Database Server Manager.
- Now select Uninstall/Change.
Now we have to rename the installation folder.
- Go to the installation folder location.
- Launch the Run window again.
- Enter the location of the folder in the Run window and click on OK.
- Right-click on the folder.
- Choose Rename.
- Rename the folder to ‘.OLD’.
The third and final stage of this process involves reinstalling the Quickbooks Server Manager.
- Double-click on Setup_QuickBooks.exe.
- You will be required to enter your product or license number to proceed with the installation process. Simply follow the on-screen instructions to do so.
- For the type of installation, choose Custom or Network Options and click on Next.
- The next step is to select the best option for the network setup.
- Finally, click on Install.
Once the entire process is successfully completed, the ‘Quickbooks Server Manager not running’ issue should be completely resolved.
This is one method that doesn’t work all the time but it can mostly fix the ‘Quickbooks Server Manager not running’ error. Follow the simple steps listed below.
- Open the Run window by pressing the Window and R keys at the same time.
- Type services.MSC and hit the Enter button.
- Find QuickbooksDBXX (XX denotes the digits assigned to your installation by Intuit) and open the service.
- At the top, you shall see the Log On tab, click on it.
- In case it is trying to connect as the QuickbooksDBXX user that it had created, you will have to click on the Radio button instead to select the Local System account.
- Click on OK.
- Finally, right-click on QuickbooksDBXX and choose the Start option.
Now the Quickbooks Server Manager should be running just fine. If that is not the case, proceed to the next troubleshooting method.
Replace Damaged Quickbooks Files through Repair
In the case of Quickbooks Server Manager not running, it is recommended that you perform a repair in order to replace any damaged installation files. You can run a repair on Quickbooks easily by following the steps given below:
- Open the control panel from the Start menu.
- Click on the Programs and Features option.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- From the list of programs installed on your system, select Quickbooks.
- Choose Continue and then select the Repair option.
The repair process can take a while to finish. Once the process has been completed, restart your system and check if the ‘Quickbooks Server Manager not running’ issue is resolved or not.
Allow QBDBMgrN Service in Windows Firewall
Quickbooks Server Manager might not be running due to the system’s Firewall not allowing the QBDBMgrN Service. If that is the case, you must allow connection by following these instructions:
- Open Windows Security from the Start Menu.
- From the left panel, select Firewall & network protection.
- Click on Advanced Settings to open the Windows Defender Firewall With Advanced Settings window.
- Select the Inbound Rules option.
- Now choose New Rule.
- Select This Program Path.
- Browser the Quickbooks file location.
- Click on Next and choose the Allow the Connection option.
- Once the boxes are checked, click on Next.
- Enter the name of the New Rule.
- Finally, click on the Finish button.
If this doesn’t solve the ‘Quickbooks Server Manager not running’ issue, the problem is not with your Firewall. You are also recommended to troubleshoot possible Quickbooks installation issues using the Install Diagnostic Tool.
Does your problem still persist? Get in touch with experts to get any Server Manager issues resolved instantly. Contact the Quickbooks assistance team.
Other Quickbooks Guides:
Quickbooks Migration Failed Unexpectedly Error
Fix Quickbooks Stuck in Single User Mode
Quickbooks Payroll Not Updating
Quickbooks Tool Hub Will Not Install