A cloud-based accounting solution, Quickbooks Online (QBO) helps small businesses manage their accounting, payroll, expenses, and more. A feature-rich software, Quickbooks Online can often cause its users a few technical issues. Is your Quickbooks Online not connecting to the bank? Read further to know how to resolve bank connection-related QBO issues.
Causes of Quickbooks Online Not Connecting to the Bank?
When your Quickbooks Online software is not connecting to the bank, you may get the following message: “The bank or account site is down for maintenance so we can’t connect to it. Come back later and try again. Error Code 105.”
As the error message itself suggests, Quickbooks can fail in connecting to the bank if there is ongoing maintenance from the financial institution’s end.
What to do when Quickbooks Online is Not Connecting to the Bank?
If your Quickbooks Online is not connecting to the bank, the first thing you need to do is wait for at least 24 hours. Bank connection issues are generally automatically resolved once any possible maintenance is concluded from the bank’s end.
If you have already waited more than 24 hours and your QBO is still not connecting to the bank, you can try the following troubleshooting methods:
Manually Update your Bank in QBO
With Quickbooks Online, you also get the option to update your bank manually. For a manual update of the bank, follow these steps:
- Open Quickbooks Online (QBO).
- Navigate to the ‘Banking’ tab.
- Choose the bank account you wish to manually update.
- Select the Update option.
- In the next step, you may be required to enter Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) credentials.
- Now choose the Continue Update option.
By following the above-listed steps, you should successfully update your bank manually. If your Quickbooks Online is still not connecting to the bank, you may try the same process again after 2 to 3 hours.
Open Quickbooks Online Account In Incognito
Another simple fix for the ‘Quickbooks Online not connecting to the bank’ error is signing in to your QBO account in an incognito browser window. Depending on your operating system (Windows or macOS), you can open the incognito window through the following command:
- For Windows: Ctrl-Shift-N
- For macOS: Command-Shift-N
When you have entered the incognito mode, go to the Banking menu again. If Quickbooks Online is now successful in connecting to the bank, you must clear the browser’s cache & cookies and the issue should be resolved.
Check Bank Website
If opening your account in incognito and a manual update doesn’t help in Quickbooks Online connecting to the bank, you must check the bank’s website. There may be some notifications that might require your attention on the bank’s website in order to resolve the Quickbooks Online Bank Connection issues.
Once you have logged in to the bank’s website, you must perform the below-listed steps:
- Visit your account page and check for any notifications, messages, or alerts
- Check the website for announcements
- Perform any actions prompted by the bank’s website in relation to QBO
Get Help From Quickbooks Online Experts For Bank Connection Errors
If none of the above-mentioned methods help resolve the issue and Quickbooks Online is still not connecting to the bank, your best option is to get in touch with a QBO specialist. You can do so by calling the Quickbooks Help Team and you will be connected to a live person who shall assist you in re-establishing a connection between QBO and your bank.
How to Connect a Bank to Quickbooks Online?
Not sure how to connect a bank with Quickbooks Online? Here is what you need to do:
- Navigate to bookkeeping.
- Select Transactions and then Bank Transactions.
- Choose the Connect Account option. If you have already created one, simply choose the Link Account option.
- Find your bank.
- Click on Continue and then sign into your bank.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your bank with Quickbooks Online.
Once your bank is successfully connected, you can download the recent transactions by following these steps:
- Go to the Bookkeeping tab.
- Now click on Transactions.
- Select Bank Transactions.
- Click on the Update option.
Ultimately you must categorize the downloaded transactions correctly to complete the process.
Related: Quickbooks Bank Error 192