QuickBooks helps small and medium businesses in managing their accounting information. But as it is software there is no guarantee that it will always run smoothly. Sometimes you can also face issues while using QuickBooks on your desktop. Your QuickBooks can stop functioning or not load properly or get stuck while loading. If your QuickBooks is also not loading then you can check this post why QuickBooks is not loading and how you can fix it.
Why is my QuickBooks Not Loading?
Check the causes below that are preventing your QuickBooks from loading properly.
- Browser cache: Browser cache and corrupted data can stop QuickBooks from loading.
- Windows operating system: Sometimes your windows settings or outdated windows can also create an issue.
- Due to exceed compony file character: If your company file name exceed the limit then you can face loading issues.
- Expire QuickBooks version: Outdated QuickBooks software can also create issue.
- Bad installation of application: If the QuickBooks is not installed properly then you can face issues.
What to do when QuickBooks Not loading?
There is some aspect of the solution if you follow it correctly then definitely you will get rid from loading issue.
Fix Quickbooks Online Not Loading
If your QuickBooks is not loading properly on the browser, then you can clear the cache of the browser by following the steps below.
In chrome browser
- Click on three dots from the top right side of your screen.
- Click on more tools option.
- Clear browsing data.
- Choose range from top right select all time and delete everything.
- Check the boxes “cookies and other site data” and “cached images and files”.
- Click on clear data.
In Mozilla Firefox browser
- Click on the hamburger menu at top right corner and select settings.
- Select privacy and security by left navigation panel.
- Scroll down and select cookies and site data and click on clear data.Check the box cookies and site data and click on clear.
Change special character from company file name
QuickBooks allowed only some special characters in company file name. If you are facing loading issue while opening QuickBooks then you can try removing special character from company file name for fixing the issue. To make changes to the company file name follow the steps below.
- Open QuickBooks on your web browser.
- Choose Account settings.
- Select gear icon from the settings.
- On left panel select compony.
- Click on edit icon from the company name category.
- Change the invalid special character.
- Click on save and then Done to confirm.
On QuickBooks Desktop App
- On your keyboard press f2 or ctrl+1 to get product information.
- Note the location of the file.
- Right-click on the windows icon click and open file explorer.
- Go to the file location.
- Right-click on the file name and click on rename.
- Now remove any unnecessary character and save it.
After changing the company file name, reboot your desktop and check if the QuickBooks not loading issue is resolved or not.
Enable third-party cookies on Browser
Some websites require third-party cookies enabled in the browser settings to function properly. If the third-party cookies are disabled on your browser then QuickBooks online can stop loading properly on your browser. You can try enabling the browser cache by following the steps below.
- On google chrome click on three dots at the top right corner.
- Click on settings and scroll to select privacy and security.
- Click on site setting and then cookies and site data.
- Go to the privacy and security section and select content settings.
- Click on allow sites to save and read cookies data.
After enabling cookies check if the QuickBooks is loading or not.
Download QuickBooks tool Hub
QuickBooks tool hub can help you in fixing issues related to QuickBooks program on your desktop. You can follow the steps below to download the tool hub and troubleshoot QuickBooks not loading on your pc.
- On your web browser visit QuickBookstoolhub.com and download.
- When downloads are complete open QuickBookstoolhub.exe file.
- Install it by following the on-screen process. Don’t do anything while the program running and when completed QuickBooks should load now.
Now run quick fix my program
- Open QuickBooks tool hub.
- Select fix my program.
- Once the process is complete, now check if the issue is resolved or not.
Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostics in QuickBooks Tool Hub
If the QuickBooks is not properly installed or if some files are damaged or missing, then you can face QuickBooks not loading issue. In this scenario, you can run the installation diagnostics in the tool hub by following the steps below.
- Open QuickBooks tool hub.
- Now click on QuickBooks install diagnostics tool.
- It will take 20 minutes.
- Restart your pc.
Now check if the QuickBooks is loading or not.
QuickBooks Online is Opened on More Than One PC
Your QuickBooks online will not load properly if you are trying to open QuickBooks online on too many desktops. In this scenario close the QuickBooks on another system, then try opening the QuickBooks on one pc. Now, your QuickBooks online will load on your desktop browser without any issues.
Reinstall QuickBooks on Your Desktop
- Press Windows icon now search and open the control panel.
- Now select uninstall a program.
- Locate and right-click on QuickBooks.
- Now click on uninstall.
- Download QuickBooks on your pc.
- Double click on QuickBooks.exe for installation.
- Now follow the on-screen instruction to install QuickBooks on your desktop.
Now you’ll be able to QuickBooks on your desktop without any loading issues.
More helpful guides:
Fix quickbooks tool hub will not install
Fix quickbooks stuck on installing files
How to fix quickbooks won’t open
Quickbooks keeps crashing fixed