The Quickbooks Multi-User mode is not prone to errors. When using the Multi-User mode, if you fail to open the Company File, you will be shown the Quickbooks Error H202. A commonly faced error, Error H202 can be resolved by fixing any connectivity issues or repairing the damaged Company File. Read further to know about the causes of Quickbooks Error H202 and how to resolve it.
What causes Quickbooks Error H202?
The Quickbooks Error H202 can show up when the user tries to open the Company File that is located on another system – a host system. Furthermore, the Error H202 can result in the user being unable to enter the Multi-User mode entirely. This can be caused due to multiple reasons including the following:
- Multi-User Network unable to communicate with the Server
- Misconfigured Quickbooks hosting settings
- Damaged Company File
- Corrupt Support File
- Quickbooks services are disabled on the server
- Firewall related issues
- DNS Settings are inappropriately setup
- Quickbooks not getting the host system’s IP Address
- .ND (Network Data File) is damaged or corrupt
- QBCFMonitor or QuickbooksDBXX is not in operation
How To Resolve Quickbooks Error H202?
Since most of the causes behind the error are related to a non-functioning connection between your system and the system hosting the X, you can fix it by establishing the connection correctly. To resolve Quickbooks Error H202 in no time, try the below-provided troubleshooting methods.
Network Connection Test
To check if the network connection is established properly, you will have to ping your server from the workstation computers that are facing the Quickbooks Error H202. To do so, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows and ‘R’ keys together to open the Run Window.
- In the Run window, type ‘cmd’ and click on OK to open the Command Prompt.
- In the Command Prompt, type ‘ping’ and hit the spacebar.
- Now type the server name you are trying to ping and press the Enter key.
If a packet loss is detected or you are receiving a slow reply, the network connection needs to be repaired.
Check Quickbooks Services on the Host Computer
Certain Quickbooks services such as QuickbooksDBXX (XX notes your Quickbooks version) and QBCFMonitorService not running correctly on the server computer can often result in Quickbooks Error H202. To check if these Quickbooks services are functioning correctly, go through the following process:
- On the server computer, launch the Run Window.
- In the Run window, type the following: services.msc.
- Press Enter.
- Locate QuickbooksDBXX and open it.
- Under General, go to Startup Type.
- Choose Automatic.
- Check the Service Status below this. It should either be Started or Running. If that is not the case, click on the Start button.
- Now go to the Recovery Tab.
- Choose ‘Restart the Service’ for First Failure, Second Failure, and Subsequent Failures.
- Apply the changes and select OK.
- Also, repeat the same process for QBCFMonitorService.
Switch to Multi-user Mode on each of the workstations and check if the Error H202 has been resolved or not.
Fix Network Issues With Quickbooks Database Server Manager
The Quickbooks Database Server Manager is another one of the options available on the Quickbooks Tool Hub. Since the Company File is located on the server computer, using this option can help resolve the Quickbooks Error H202.
Once you have downloaded and installed the latest version of Quickbooks Tool Hub, go through the following process:
- From the Start menu, open Quickbooks Tool Hub.
- Click on Network Issues.
- Select Quickbooks Database Server Manager.
- Browse your Company file if it is not already shown.
- Click on the Start Scan option.
- Once the scanning process has been completed, click on Close.
Launch Quickbooks on all the workstations and check if the Error H202 still persists or has been fixed.
Fix Quickbooks Error H202 using the File Doctor Tool
The Quickbooks File Doctor Tool can not only resolve issues with the Company File but also fix network issues. You can use the File Doctor Tool by following these steps:
- Download and Install Quickbooks Tool Hub.
- Launch the Quickbooks Tool Hub.
- Choose Company File Issues from the left panel.
- Select the ‘Run Quickbooks File Doctor’ option.
- Once the process is complete, log in to your Quickbooks and select Next.
If the workstations are successfully able to enter the multi-user mode, the Quickbooks Error H202 has been fixed.
Other measures to resolve Quickbooks Error H202
Although the above-stated methods should solve the problem, if the error still persists, you can also try the following troubleshooting methods for Error H202.
- Allow Quickbooks ports on the server computer’s Firewall.
- Relocate QBW File to a New Folder.
- Add windows host file on the server.
- Fix Quickbooks installation errors using the Quickbooks install diagnostic tool.
- Delete and recreate the Network Data File (.ND)
If nothing is working for you, it is recommended that you get in touch with an expert to fix Error H202 issues and avoid further damage to the program.
Related helpful guides:
Quickbooks Desktop 2022 Unrecoverable Error Fix
Fix Quickbooks error 3371 status code 11118
Quickbooks Error 6123 – Resolved!
Quickbooks Stuck On Loading Screen