QuickBooks is a well-known bookkeeping software that is frequently used by small and medium-sized businesses. The major reason for its appeal is that it has hearty highlights that make bookkeeping and other activities easier for its customers. Complex aspects, like the QuickBooks Error 6123, may ultimately occur in errors. When you open an organizational record or try to upgrade the document, you can get an error. The inaccuracy has also been observed during the re-establishment of reinforcements. The problem may impede the client’s usual tasks in QuickBooks, requiring a quick resolution. This Blog provides a detailed explanation of the causes of the error as well as the methods used to explore it.
If you’re a beginner or non-technical user and you’re getting error code -6123, and Don’t Know How to Fix Quick Books Error 6123, we recommend that you don’t do anything in the absence of QB Pro advisors. Contact QBfixpro.com Expert Team and Resolve Your QuickBooks Error 6123.
How do I fix QuickBooks error code 6123?
These are steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6123:
- Download Quick Books File Doctor tools
- Run Quick Books File Doctor tools on your system
- Browse Company File in which you are facing issues
- Find Your File Name [company name]. qbw and Then Check Your File Box.
- Press the Continue Button and File your Admin Password
- When You Press the Continue Button again tool will start the repair
- Open Quick Books when the repair is finished.
After all that Check if the QuickBooks error code 6123 is resolved or not. In case the problems continue, move on to the next step in the troubleshooting process.
Restore the Company File Direct from the Hard Drive
QuickBooks Error 6123 may appear if you attempt to restore the company file from a backup that is not stored on the hard disc. Store a copy of the backup file on an external storage device or online. The error may occur if you try to restore a (.qbb) file that was saved elsewhere, however, there is a simple way to fix it.
- Copy the QBB File Saved on Network or External Storage Device
- Don’t Open the File If Stored Somewhere Else
- Copy the file to a location on your hard drive that is easily accessible, preferably the computer’s desktop.
- Use this file to restore the backup.
Copying the Backup File to a Portable Device
When you try to restore your company file’s backup on a new computer, you may discover QuickBooks error 6123. Because this is a new computer, copying the file to the hard drive will not solve the problem. To resolve the error, you must first create a portable company file (.qbm) and then restore it. The specific steps are as follows:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop on the computer that was used to make the backup.
- Open your company file on this computer
- Create Copy’ option from the ‘File’ menu.
- Choose ‘Portable Company File’ from the drop-down menu, then click the ‘Next’ button.
The portable Company file can be used to access all of the Company file’s information. It is password-protected, so keep the password handy when restoring on the new computer.
- Give this file a name and save it in a suitable location.
- Click the ‘Save’ button and Press ‘OK.’
- Then You can now save this file to a flash drive or online.
- Insert the flash drive into the new computer or go to the Online platform where the portable file is stored.
- Then download the file.
- On the new computer, open the QuickBooks application.
- Browse to the ‘File’ menu and select ‘Open or Restore Company.’
- Click ‘Restore a portable file’ and then press the ‘Next’ button.
- Select the file you created earlier and press the ‘Open’ button.
- To finish the process, click ‘Next’ and then ‘Save.’
Change the extension of ND and TLG files
- Open the folder containing the company file.
- Choose your company’s corresponding. ND file.
- Rename the company file by right-clicking it.
- Change the name of the. ND file to.ND.OLD.
- Similarly, select the.TLG file and rename it.
- Change the name of the .TLG file to.TLG.OLD.
- Open your QuickBooks Company File now.
Check and Rebuild Data from Utility
- Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select File > Utility > Verify Data.
- Allow the tool to find the discrepancy, and if the tool does not find any issues with the data file, no further action is required.
- To rebuild the data, go to File > Utility > Rebuild data.
Note: While rebuilding the data, you will be forced to take a backup of your company file data because the rebuild process tool may need to delete some entries from your data file.
Choose where you want to save the backup file and wait for the rebuild to finish the setup.
Change hosting settings in the Quick Books application
- Open Quick Books Company File
- Go to the Multi Tab option then choose Switch Company File to Single User Mode, If it is already open in multi-user mode.
- Then, Go to Multi-user access from the File -> Utility option.
- Switch back to multi-user mode by going to file –> utilities –> host multi-user access. When asked if you want to host multi-user access, select yes.
- Finally, switch to multi-user mode by selecting the file tab.
Restart the Computer in safe mode
If your QuickBooks application issues with other installed programs, your system’s safe mode are the better option. You can also temporarily disable third-party applications in safe mode. You can also disable them while working normally as an alternative solution.
If you are still not seeing any benefit from completing these steps, contact our QuickBooks Customer Support Team instantly. We provide an option for you to interact with them again on one and also resolve your other related issues.
Other Quickbooks Solution Guides:
QuickBooks Enterprise Error Code 6190, 816 – Fixed!
How to Fix Quickbooks Won’t Open?
Fix Quickbooks error 3371 status code 11118
Quickbooks Payroll Not Updating (Fixed)