QuickBooks enterprise not opening can be very irritating and an endless headache. If you are experiencing this problem, you will know what I am talking about. But how to fix it or where to get quick solutions to solve this problem? This post is intended for those people who are having similar issues.
Why is QuickBooks enterprise not opening?
Wondering why your QuickBooks enterprise software is not opening? Here are the probable reasons,
- Maybe your Company name is too long.
- A damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI file can also raise the chances of such issues.
- Your Hard drive is corrupted.
- Using damaged program files or QuickBooks Desktop/Enterprise installation can also lead to “QuickBooks enterprise not opening.”
- Using a damaged or slow Windows operating system
- Your device’s firmware is outdated.
How do I fix QuickBooks not opening?
To fix QuickBooks enterprise not opening, run the QB Tool Hub, Quick Fix my program, Clean install, and try suppressing the QB enterprise app. Below you’ll find all these troubleshooting steps that will help you in fixing the issue.
QuickBooks won’t open in windows 10
If your QuickBooks isn’t opening on Windows 10, then the first thing you need to try is to close the QBW32.exe process. To do so, follow the below steps;
-Close the QBW32.exe process;
- Press Ctrl+Shift+esc keys to open the Task Manager.
- Now, click on the Process tab.
- After that, locate the QBW32.exe from the list and click on the End Task.
Once the QBW32.exe process ends, try to open the QuickBooks enterprise.
Restart the Desktop
If you haven’t done this yet, do it now. Restarting your desktop refreshes by closing all the background processes. To do so,
- Press the Alt+F4 and select Restart from the list.
- Once your Desktop reboots, reopen the QuickBooks Enterprise.
Quick Fix my program
QuickBooks enterprise not opening is often caused by software problems and may be related to misconfigured system files. You should try to fix this “QuickBooks enterprise not opening” issue by running the Quick Fix my program.
Here’s how to run Quick Fix my program;
Make sure you’ve QuickBooks Tool Hub installed on your desktop;
- Launch QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now, select Program Problems.
- After that, select Quick Fix my program. It will take a while to complete.
- Once done, open QuickBooks enterprise and check if the issue is resolved.
Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool from the Tools Hub
If running the Quick Fix my program fails to resolve the issue, try to run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. Running the QB Install Diagnostic Tool automatically rectifies and fixes errors/problems with the Microsoft component QB program uses.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now, select the Installation Issues.
- After that, choose QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. It will take at least 20 minutes to complete.
- Once it’s finished, reboot your Desktop and open QuickBooks Enterprise.
Suppress the QuickBooks Enterprise application
- Press and hold the Ctrl key, and then open QuickBooks enterprise.
- Hold the key until the “No Company Open” window appears.
- Now, select a company file and choose Open.
Does doing this resolve the issue? If not, don’t worry; move on to the followed methods.
Repair your QuickBooks Enterprise Installation
Here’s how you can repair your QuickBooks enterprise installation. Make sure you’ve a backup of all your company files.
To repair QB Enterprise;
- Reboot your desktop and press Win+R to open Run.
- Type Control Panel and open it.
- Now, head to the Program > Program and Features.
- Then, click on Uninstall a program and locate the QuickBook program.
- After that, right-click on it and click on Uninstall/change > Continue.
- Lastly, select Repair and click on Next.
- Once the repair process is finished, click Finish and reboot your desktop.
- After rebooting the desktop, open QuickBooks enterprise and check if this resolves the issue.
Run the Clean Install
Some users run the clean install, and running this tool resolves the “QuickBooks Enterprise Not opening” issue. Try to run the Clean Install; this may fix your problem too.
Clean Install tool renames your old installed folders automatically. It also allows QB to add new install files after you reinstall them. And, it won’t remove the company as well.
To run Clean Install;
- First of all, uninstall the QuickBooks from your Desktop.
- And then open QuickBooks Tool Hub > Installation Issues.
- Now, select Clean Install.
- After that, select your QuickBooks and product version and click on Continue.
- A message will appear on your screen stating, “please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location” click OK to confirm.
Rename the QBWUSER.ini file
If the QuickBooks enterprise is still not opening, there can be a possibility that your QBWUSER.ini file is missing or damaged, and maybe that’s stopping the QuickBooks enterprise from opening. To get this resolved, try renaming the QBWUSER.ini file.
To do so,
- Navigate to the folder where the QBWUSER.ini file is saved – Users[Your user name]AppDataLocalIntuitQuickBooks [year].
- Now, right-click on the QBWUSER.ini file and choose Rename.
- After that, add .old at the end of the QBWUSER.ini file (as QBWUSER.ini.old).
- Try renaming the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- At last, re-launch the QuickBooks enterprise.
Try creating a new Windows Admin User
Are you still not able to open QuickBooks enterprise software? Well, there were some users who reported that they were able to fix this issue by creating a new windows admin user. So, try it once; maybe creating a new user will also resolve your issue.
- Open Run by pressing the Win+R keys.
- Now, type Control panel and enter.
- After that, navigate to the User Account option and click on Manager User > Add.
- Lastly, enter the credentials and click the OK button. If you are using Windows 10, then select Administrator.
After creating the new administrator user, use that account to open Quickbooks enterprise on your system and check whether the issue is fixed or not.
If you are still not able to open the QuickBooks Enterprise, ensure to check that QuickBooks is registered or not. If not, follow the below steps;
Firstly, check whether your QuickBooks is registered or not;
- Open QuickBooks Enterprise and press F2; the product information window will show up
- Now, check the registration status of QuickBooks.
If QuickBooks is not registered, follow the below to register it;
- Click OK and close the product information window.
- Now, go to the Help option and choose “Activate QuickBooks.”
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration/activation process.
If nothing helps you, click on the Chat Box at the bottom-right corner of this post. Explain your issue, and we’ll resolve your issue within a while.
More helpful guides:
Quickbooks please restart your machine and rerun the installer
Quickbooks keeps asking to register
Quickbooks connection has been lost error
Fix quickbooks tool hub not installing