When it comes to small businesses, Quickbooks Payroll is stated to be the number 1 payroll service provider online. Quickbooks definitely is among the best business accounting software, however, even the best payroll service providers are not insusceptible to certain bugs and errors. Are you experiencing the Quickbooks Desktop Payroll Error 9000? Here’s everything you need to know about the Payroll Error 9000 and how to get it resolved.
What is the Quickbooks Desktop Payroll Error 9000?
The Quickbooks Desktop Payroll Error 9000 is commonly faced when a user attempts to submit payroll. The Error 9000 can make it impossible for the Quickbooks user to make direct deposits of a paycheck or transmit payroll data. Furthermore, Multiple users have reported that the error often gets resolved by itself and can show up again after a while. The error is one of the many connectivity issues one might face with the Quickbooks Desktop application.
Causes of Quickbooks Desktop Payroll Error 9000
In order to troubleshoot the Payroll Error 9000, one must first identify its possible causes. From simple internet connectivity issues to using Quickbooks software in Multi-User mode, below are the most common reasons behind the Quickbooks Desktop Payroll Error 9000:
- There is a problem with your Internet Connection.
- You are running Quickbooks in Multi-User Mode.
- The security certificates of your web browser have expired.
- The system’s Firewall is interfering with the Quickbooks Desktop application.
- An incorrect Date & Time on your system.
- Possible network time-out issues.
Methods To Fix Quickbooks Desktop Payroll Error 9000
The Quickbooks Desktop Payroll Error 9000 is most commonly a result of a faulty internet connection and can be resolved easily. You can try the below-listed troubleshooting methods to get rid of the Payroll Error 9000.
Ensure Quickbooks Internet Connection Is Configured Correctly
The first thing to do when experiencing the Quickbooks Desktop Payroll Error 9000 is to set up your Quickbooks Internet Connection correctly. This can be done by going through the following process:
- Launch Quickbooks Desktop Application.
- Go to the Help section and click on Internet Connection Setup.
- In order to establish an internet connection with Quickbooks, select the Use my computer’s Internet connection option.
- Click Next.
- Now click on Advanced Connection Settings
- Opt for LAN settings.
- Ensure that the Proxy Server option is de-selected and the Automatically Detect Settings option is selected.
- Confirm the settings and close the window.
If this doesn’t resolve the Quickbooks Desktop Payroll Error 9000, move on to the next troubleshooting method.
Remove System Junk Files with Disk Cleanup Tool
Multiple users have reported online that the Disk Cleanup tool has helped them fix the Quickbooks Desktop Payroll Error 9000. To clean any unwanted files, follow the process given below:
- Launch the Command Prompt application from the windows start menu.
- The next step is to hit Ctrl+Shift and then press the Enter button.
- In the permission dialogue box that appears, select the Yes option.
- Now in the Command Prompt window, type ‘cleanmgr’ and press Enter.
- Once the disk cleanup process is initiated, you can choose the drives one by one to start removing the unwanted files.
Once the disk cleanup is completed, check if you are able to submit payroll successfully or not. If this hasn’t resolved the Payroll Error 9000, move on to the next method.
Fix Payroll Error 9000 with System Restore
If you were able to submit Payroll in the past, you can try restoring your system to a point when you were not facing the Payroll Error 9000. To perform a System Restore, follow these steps:
- Open the Control Panel on your Desktop via the Start Menu.
- Secondly, in the Search Box on the upper-right side of your screen, type System Restore.
- Select the System Restore option.
- If asked, enter the administrator’s password.
- Choose one of the restore points that were created previously.
- Complete the System Restore process by following the on-screen instructions.
Once the restore process is completed, try submitting Quickbooks Payroll again to see if Error 9000 is fixed or not.
Publisher Certificate Revocation
- Open your web browser.
- Navigate to Tools and select Internet Options.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Go to the Security section.
- Uncheck the Publisher Certificate Revocation option.
- Finally, restart your system before submitting Quickbooks Payroll again.
Precautions For Quickbooks Desktop Payroll Error 9000
Here’s a list of some other precautions you must take when facing the Quickbooks Desktop Payroll Error 9000:
- Ensure the windows drivers are not corrupted.
- Make sure that Quickbooks Desktop is updated to its latest version.
- Backup your Quickbooks data before altering any settings to resolve Payroll Error 9000.
- Check if your Internet Connection is also not working with other System applications.
If the Quickbooks Desktop Payroll Error 9000 still persists, your best bet is to get in touch with the Quickbooks Help Team and seek necessary assistance.