Quickbooks error 185 means that your bank need more information before you login. This happens when your bank require you to answer some security questions or when otp function is enabled. Once you complete these verification the quickbooks bank error 185 should be resolved. If the issue is still not fixed, then this can happen due to bug, glitch or due to corrupted files issue. In this post we’re going to explain how to fix quickbooks bank error 185 on your pc.
Why Am I Getting Quickbooks error 185?
If you are not sure why you are getting quickbooks error 185, below we’ve mentioned some reasons for this problem.
- Your bank require otp or answer security questions.
- The input or answers you are entering is wrong.
- The internet connection is not stable or not working.
After learning the causes, you can follow the steps below for troubleshooting quickbooks error 185.
How to Fix Quickbooks bank error 185?
Verify Your Identity
If you are able to verify your identity, then you will be able to fix the quickbooks bank error 185 by completing your verification. To complete your login and verification follow the steps below.
- Open the quickbooks account showing error 185.
- Make sure to enter all the answers correctly.
- After answering all the answers correctly click on submit.
- Is asked, then get the otp for verifiction.
- Enter the received otp.
After entering the correct answers and otp verification, quickbooks error 185, will be fixed on your pc.
Use the Repair Tool
Some users reported that they were able to fix the error 185 by using the smart repair tool. The smart repair tool can help in fixing quickbooks error 185. Follow the steps below.
- Install the smart pc fixed on your pc.
- Click on clean and scan option.
- Now click on scan button to start scanning.
- Once the scanning is completed click on fix all option to resolve the error 185.
If you’re still facing quickbooks error 185, then you can proceed with other troubleshooting steps below.
Manually update quickbooks
Some users have reported that they were able to fix quickbooks error 185 by manually updating the quickbooks. To manually update quickbooks on your pc follow the steps below.
- Close quickbooks and company file.
- Press the windows key.
- Type quickbooks, right click and select run as administrator.
- Click on update option.
- Now click on update quikcbooks.
- Click on options, select mark all option and click on save.
- Click on update now.
After updating the quickbooks, check if the error 185 is fixed.
Refresh bank account in quickbooks
Refreshing the bank account in quickbooks can help in fixing the quickbooks error 185. To manually refresh bank account in quickbooks follow the steps below.
- Go to quickbooks and select bank account page.
- Click on refresh all option.
- Again click on refresh all option.
- Do the same thing 4,5 times.
- Answer the security question now click on enter.
After refreshing, the bank account information quickbooks bank error 185 will be fixed.
Perform Disk Cleanup
If you are still getting quickbooks error 185, then doing a disk cleanup can help you in fixing the issue. To perform disk cleanup on your pc follow the steps below.
- Press the win key click on computer.
- Right click the c disk now click on properties.
- Click on disk cleanup.
- Below disk cleanup, select the files you want to delete.
- Now click on ok.
After disk cleanup, launch quickbooks and try the login again. Make sure to complete the verification properly, now you’ll be to login to quickbooks without facing error 185.
If you are still getting quickbooks error 185, then contact a technician for help.
More helpful guides:
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 12029
How to Fix Quickbooks Error ol-222
QuickBooks Error 80070057 (The Parameter is Incorrect) Fixed
Quickbooks migration failed unexpectedly