QuickBooks is a known and one of the leading accounting software. However, you might face some issues while using the QuickBooks application. Some QuickBooks users were encountering the “QuickBooks please restart your machine and rerun the installer” message while opening the QuickBooks application on their desktop.
Are you encountering thesamemessage on the desktop screen? Wondering what to do to resolve the issue? Today’s post will be on how you can fix the “QuickBooks please restart your machine and rerun the installer” issue.
How do I fix a QuickBooks error?
Well, here’s the answer to your question. We’ve dug up and gathered some best working solutions that’ll help you in resolving the “QuickBooks please restart your machine and rerun the installer.”
Quickbooks 2022 install issues
To get rid of this installation issue, you can try to follow the below-given troubleshooting solutions. All you need to do is, follow the steps as instructed in this post.
Run the QuickBooks Tool Hub- Install Diagnostic Tool
If you haven’t tried using the QuickBooks Tool Hub, try it now. Running the QuickBooks Tool Hub rectifies the common installation issues and resolves them automatically. To do so, follow the steps that are mentioned below;
- First of all, download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Navigate to the Installation Issues tab and use the Install Diagnostic Tool.
Doing this will verify all the components that work alongside the QuickBooks program. Once it’s finished, run the Quick Fix tool. For running the Quick Fix tool, move on to the next step.
Run Quick Fix my program
- Launch QuickBooks Tool Hub and navigate to the Program Problems tab.
- Now, click on the Quick Fix my program.
- Once it is finished, reboot the desktop and check if it’s resolved the issue or not.
Turn Windows Features on or off
To fix the “QuickBooks please restart your machine and rerun the installer” issue, try following the steps as instructed below;
- Navigate to the Control Panel and click on the Programs.
- Now, select “Turn Windows Features on or off.”
- After that, turn on .NET Framework 3.5 and reboot your desktop.
Sign in as an administrator
If you’re still experiencing the issue on your desktop screen, try running QuickBooks as administrator.
- Firstly, sign in to your desktop as an administrator.
- Now, head to the QuickBooks Desktop icon and right-click on it.
- After that, choose Run as administrator.
- Once the “QuickBooks please restart your machine and rerun the installer” message appears on the screen, reboot your system, sign in again as administrator and run QuickBooks.
Now, you’ll no longer receive the message on your desktop screen.
Repair Quickbooks Program
Here’s how you can use the Repair option to fix the “QuickBooks please restart your machine and rerun the installer” issue.
- Navigate to the Control Panel.
- Then, go to Programs > Programs and Features > Uninstall a program.
- Now, locate and select the QuickBooks appand select Repair.
- Let it do the Repair. Once it’s done, reboot your system and run the QuickBooks.
Use Selective Startup Mode
To ensure that no other application is blocking the process, try switching to a selective startup mode.
- Open the Run command window by pressing the Windows + R keys.
- Then, type “MSConfig” and hit the Enter key.
- A System Configuration window will appear; choose the Selective Startup mode andthe load system services.
- Head to the Services tab and mark the checkbox beside Hide all Microsoft services.
- Now, click the Disable all option and uncheck the Hide all Microsoft services.
- After that, ensure that the Windows installer checkbox is marked. If not, mark its checkbox and click on OK.
- Lastly, click on the Restart button given in the system configuration window.
Once you’re done, try reinstalling the QuickBooks app again. Once it’s completed, follow the below steps;
- Follow the above steps to open the System Configuration window.
- Now, under the general tab, choose Normal Startup and click on OK.
- After that, click on the Restart option.
Does the error message persist? In order to fix this, you need to check if there’s any update available for Windows. Windows updates prevent and often resolve install errors. To check for the latest available update;
- Navigate to Settings > Windows Update.
- Then, click on the Check for updates. If there’s any update available for your desktop, download and install it.
Once the update completes, reboot your system, open the QuickBooks app, and check whether the issue is fixed.
More helpful guide:
Quickbooks enterprise keeps crashing
Quickbooks restore failed can’t remove logfile
Fix quickbooks file in use error
Quickbooks has stopped working bex error