Google Chrome is one of the best-used web browsers out there. With its support increases across multiple platforms and brilliant speeds, it has attracted a user base of more than a billion people. However, quite recently, a lot of reports have been coming in where users are not able to use QuickBooks online on their chrome browser. Some users reported that they got an error “site can’t be reached” when the internet is working fine. In this post, we’re going to explain how you can fix QuickBooks online not working on chrome.
QuickBooks Online issue on chrome
Here, down below we are listing the issues that you can also face while using QuickBooks on the chrome browser.
- QuickBooks Online does not load correctly.
- QuickBooks Online not working with chrome.
- Getting blank screen or black screen while login into QuickBooks on chrome.
- Can’t able to access QuickBooks online login page.
- QuickBooks Online not responding.
Why is QuickBooks online not working on chrome?
After receiving numerous reports from multiple QuickBooks users we decided to check the reasons why QuickBooks online is not working on chrome. Below we’ve mentioned some of the most common reasons.
- If you haven’t signed out properly it means if you force exit the session without signing out then on the next login you can see a login issue.
- If you log in with the same login/ password on another device or at a different place then it creates a login issue.
- Antivirus and firewall settings can sometimes block access and as the result, QuickBooks online can stop working on chrome.
- Corrupted cache and data of the chrome browser.
- Misconfigured chrome browser settings.
How to fix QuickBooks online not working with chrome?
Now that we’ve understood why QuickBooks online is not working on chrome. Let’s follow the steps and method below for troubleshooting this problem on your device.
Check your internet connectivity
If the internet is not working or slow, then you can face issues while accessing QuickBooks on your chrome browser. To check your internet issue follow the steps we’ve mentioned below.
- Check if the internet is working or not by opening another website like youtube etc. If the website is opening then follow the next step.
- Check your internet speed at speedtest.com, if the internet is slow then you can troubleshoot this issue.
- To troubleshoot the internet issue move router closer to the pc or desktop (if wireless).
- Connect your pc to the router using the ethernet cable.
- If the issue persists, then unplug the router from the power outlet. Wait for 10 minutes, now turn on your router. Check if the internet is working or not.
- Use your mobile hotspot and check if the QuickBooks online is working on another network.
- If the QuickBooks online is working on another network, or if the internet is not working, then contact your internet service provider for help.
Use incognito mode in chrome
Some users have reported that they were able to use QuickBooks online in the incognito mode of chrome. To open the incognito mode you can press “Ctrl+Shift+N. You can also open incognito by following the steps mentioned below.
- Open google chrome on pc.
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner.
- Select new incognito mode.
Now open the QuickBooks online and check if it is working or not.
Reset the correct date and time
Make sure the date and time settings are set properly on your pc. If the date and time are incorrect then you can face issues while accessing websites like QuickBooks on your chrome browser. To set the date and time on your pc follow the steps below.
- Right-click on the window start button and select settings.
- In the settings choose Time & Language.
- Turn off the set time automatically and click on change.
- Set the correct date & time on your own and click on change.
If this doesn’t work, then enable the set time automatically option. Now check if the QuickBooks online is working or not on your chrome browser.
Clear cache of chrome browser
The corrupted chrome browser cache conflict when opening QuickBooks links online on chrome. In this case, clearing the cache of your browser can help you. To clear your chrome browser cache follow the steps below:
- First, open the google chrome web browser.
- Click on the three dots from the top right side.
- Click on more tools then select clear browsing data.
- Now select the time period as all time and click on clear data.
Once the browser cache is cleared check if the QuickBooks online is working or not on your chrome.
Uninstall 3rd party Antivirus program
If you are using 3rd party antivirus program then this might be conflicting and prevent the chrome browser from running properly. This security program also stops certain actions and blocks them, so try uninstalling them.
- Hit the window key + l to launch settings.
- Here click on the system section.
- On the left side choose apps& features and then select Malwarebytes and then click on uninstall option.
- Now follow the on-screen instruction to uninstall Malwarebytes.
Note: if uninstalling the antivirus program won’t work then it is suggested to install the latest version of the security program it might fix it.
Try adding the “-process-per-site parameter”
If you still having problems using QuickBooks on the chrome browser then you need to follow this trick. This process generates a separate OS process for the extra extensions and every tag you are using.
- Right-click on the google chrome shortcut and click on properties.
- Right-click on the chrome icon and click on properties.
- You will get a shortcut tab. In the target section, add “-process-per-site” and click on apply.
- Click on continue in the new window and then click on ok.
- Make sure Before “-process-per-site there is space.
- Now restart chrome and check if you still facing the issue.
Now check if the QuickBooks online is working on the chrome browser.
More helpful guide:
Fix quickbooks server manager not working
Fix quickbooks web connector not working
Quickbooks unable to verify financial institution information
Quickbooks stuck on installing files