QuickBooks is a business accounting software and is owned by Intuit; and it is designed for small and medium-sized businesses. So if you are using QuickBooks and face this error message, never worry about it – we have your back!
Does your QuickBooks keep asking to register?
Many users have complained that they keep getting an error message “To register, you must have a company account.” After clicking on the QuickBooks icon on their desktop, they try to register. If this happens to you, your first reaction will be: why does QuickBooks keep asking me to register?
Why is QuickBooks asking me to register?
There were some instances where a temporary bug in the QuickBooks accounting software led to various issues. We suggest you click on the chat box appearing in this post, and your “QuickBooks keeps asking to register” issue will be fixed in a snap.
Or, step ahead and follow the below-given methods.
How do I fix QuickBooks registration error?
We’re suggesting some troubleshooting methods that may help you resolve the “QuickBooks keeps asking to register” error.
Try Restarting the QuickBooks
If you haven’t followed this step yet, then try it now. Performing an app reboot, refreshes the app programs, and fixes minor temporary bugs and glitches. It will get fixed by relaunching the app if it’s a minor bug or glitch.
To do so,
- Click the Close “X” button to exit the QuickBooks app.
- Now, wait 2-3 minutes.
- And, relaunch the QuickBooks and check to see if it’s still asking you to register.
If the error persists, move on to the next step.
Run Quick Fix my program
Quick Fix my program rectifies the common issues and fixes them automatically. Make sure you’ve QuickBooks Tool Hub installed on your system; if you don’t have it, download and install it. Then, follow the steps that are given below;
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and select the Installation Issues tab.
- Now, click on the Quick Fix my program and then, OK.
- After that, open the QuickBooks Desktop app and check if it’s still asking you to register.
Perform a Clean Install
If the above steps fail to work, try to perform the Clean Install of QuickBooks Desktop. May performing the clean install resolve the issue you’re experiencing now.
Before performing the clean installation, ensure to back up your company file and head to the control panel to uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop application you’re using.
Follow the below steps to perform a Clean Install;
- Open QuickBooks Tools Hub and navigate to the Installation Issue tab.
- Now, select Clean Install, then click OK. And select the QuickBooks Desktop version and the product version, then click on Continue.
- After that, the “Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location” message appears on the screen, click OK.
- Once the Clean Install tool completes the process, close the Tool Hub.
- Lastly, reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop app and check if it is still asking you to register.
If it’s still asking you to register, navigate to the Chat box that appears at the bottom-right corner of your desktop screen.
How to register QuickBooks?
To register the QuickBooks,
- Open the QuickBooks accounting app on your system.
- Click on the Help > Activate QuickBooks Desktop, then select Begin Registration.
- And click on the Sign Up to sign up for an Intuit account. Enter your credentials in the given text fields and follow the on-screen prompts and enter the information in the text fields.
- Once all the steps are completed, you’ll receive a message on your screen stating that your application has been registered and activated.
After completing the registration and activation process, you can open the company file on the QuickBooks app.
How do I turn off registration in QuickBooks?
Well, there’s no such option to turn off or remove the registration of QuickBooks from the computer. But you can often authorize the QuickBooks on a new system, and QuickBooks can be installed on two desktops if they’re associated with the same user.
- First, uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop and perform the clean using the step we’ve mentioned above.
Now, transfer the license;
- Head to the QuickBooks Support website and access the QuickBooks Transfer a License page.
- Enter your QuickBooks license and product information under the Software Information section. Then, enter your Contact details in the Current Ownership section.
- After that, enter the information of the person you’re transferring the license/ownership under the New Ownership section. Then, select the Reason For Transfer of ownership.
- Lastly, check the terms and conditions box to confirm and submit the request.
More helpful guide:
Fix quickbooks connection has been lost
quickbooks has stopped working (BEX error)
Quickbooks server manager not working