Like many small business owners, you need an accounting program to help your business organize and manage the day-to-day running. You must ensure everything looks good to get the best performance out of QuickBooks.
Most mistakes on small business accounting sheets or reports occur due to wrong information processing. But, if we dig up a little more, we’ll find that the uncommon fonts used in the sheets or reports and their smaller sizes are the culprits behind the mistakes. If you’re also encountering such problems in your QuickBooks, then today’s post will be helpful for you.
Today, we’ll be discussing how you can resolve the QuickBooks icon, words too small issue. So, follow the post till the end.
How do I enlarge my icons in QuickBooks?
Well, there’s no such tool to enlarge or change the font size in QuickBooks Desktop that’ll help resolve the QuickBooks icon, words too small issue. However, by using some external troubleshooting method, you’ll be able to adjust the font size in QuickBooks Desktop.
- How to change font size in QuickBooks desktop?
- How do I make the view bigger in QuickBooks?
- What do I do when the QuickBooks font size is too small to read on the printed sales forms?
How to change font size in Quickbooks desktop?
Here’s the first method to fix the “QuickBooks icon, words too small” issue.
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks app.
- Then, navigate to the My Computer/This PC and click on the C: Drive.
- Double-click the Program Data Folder, then enter the QuickBooks 20XX (depending on your QB version) folder under the Intuit Folder.
- After that, select the QBW.INI file and open it.
- Below the [FONTS], press the Enter and type:
- Font Name=Arial (or any font of your choice)
- Font Size=12.5 (or any size of your choice)
- Lastly, close the file and open QuickBooks, and confirm the changes that you have made recently.
Note: The changes you have made will apply to Registers, Lists, and Forms only.
How do I make the view bigger in QuickBooks?
You might encounter a situation where the QuickBooks icon starts to appear too small on your system. In that case, you can change them by making changes in DPI on your desktop since QuickBooks runs off these configurations only. To do so, follow the below steps;
- Navigate to the Control Panel and click on the Display.
- You’ll get three display alternatives to choose from; 100% default, 125%, and 150%.
However, you can access these settings in the QuickBooks app as well. In doing so,
- Launch the QuickBooks apps and head to Edit.
- Now, select Preferences and choose Desktop View.
- After that, navigate to My Preferences and select Display to view the settings.
If you’re still stuck at the “QuickBooks icon, words too small” issue. In this case, you can try the troubleshooting methods given below.
Solution 1: Set display scaling on high DPI
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks app.
- Now, right-click on the QuickBooks icon and choose the Properties option.
- Afterward, head to the Compatibility tab and mark the checkbox stating Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.
- Lastly, click on Apply, then click on OK.
Solution 2: Change the view from Multiple Windows to One Window
You can try the steps below if you still cannot read correctly. May doing this will resolve the QuickBooks icon, words too small issue.
- Open the Company File and head to the Edit menu.
- Now, navigate to the Preferences tab and select Desktop view.
- After that, switch the view from Multiple Windows to One Window under the My Preferences section.
Solution 3: Adjust the Screen Size
- First, drag the QuickBooks window until the Window’s upper-left corner meets the upper-left corner of your desktop screen.
- To manually adjust the screen, drag the lower-right corner of the QuickBooks window.
- After that, double-click on the QuickBooks title bar to maximize the window. Click on the square to the left of the quit “X.”
Solution 4: Change the Screen Resolution
- Firstly, minimize all windows by pressing the Windows + M keys.
- Now, right-click on the vacant area of the desktop and select Screen Resolution > Resolution drop-down menu.
- Drag the Resolution slider to select a new resolution. If you choose a value closer to High will increase the screen resolution, and if you select a value close to Low, then it will decrease the screen resolution. Click anywhere outside of the slider to take an exit from resolution settings.
- Lastly, click OK and keep changes to set your new resolution.
What do I do when the QuickBooks font size is too small to read on the printed sales forms
- Launch the QuickBooks app and click on the Gear (Settings) icon.
- Head to the Custom Form Styles and select a form style.
- Then, click on Edit, then select the Design tab.
- Now, click on the Select a different font and choose from the three font sizes option.
- After that, click Preview or Print to check the selected font size.
- Lastly, click on Done.
QuickBooks online font size too small
If you’re experiencing the issue while using QuickBooks online, here are the steps you can follow to decrease the font and screen size while accessing QuickBooks Online.
How to change font size in quickbooks online?
- Head to the Settings of the chrome browser.
- Go to the Appearance.
- Navigate to the Font size, click on the drop-down, and choose Small.
- Then, move to the Page zoom, click on the drop-down and choose a number less than 100%.
- After that, refresh the page and open your QuickBooks online account. Now, the issue will no longer persist.
How do I change font size in QuickBooks Online reports?
Here’s the step to change the font size in QuickBook online reports. Follow the steps as given below;
While printing a report in QuickBooks Online, we suggest you click the Fit to Page button. Doing this way, you’ll get better visibility of fonts.
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks Online report you need.
- Now, click on the Print icon.
- After that, click the Fit to Page button in the Print, email, or save as PDF window.
If the fonts are still small, try exporting the report to Excel. From there, you’ll be able to change the font size before printing.
- Open the report and click on Export.
- Then, select Export to excel.
- Save the file to the desktop and open the report in excel.
Now, you can customize the fonts.
More helpful guide:
Fix Quickbooks error -6000, -83
How To Fix Quickbooks Connection Has Been Lost Error
Fix Quickbooks Web Connector Not Working
Solved: Quickbooks Migration Failed Unexpectedly Error
Quicken One Step Update Stuck on Processing, Refreshing, or Updating Data